Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thansgiving - NFL

With the US Thanksgiving weekend just about here, I figure I put my picks up for that day. Hopefully it gets me out of the hole. Anyhoo, here are the picks!

Game1: Green Bay Packers (-10.5) vs Detroit Lions
Pick: Lions plus the points

Game2: Oakland Raiders vs Dallas Cowboys (-13.5)
Pick: Cowboys by 2 converted touchdowns

Game3: New York Giants (-6.5) vs Denver Broncos
Pick: Broncos plus the points

Reasons:

In the Lions game, I like Detroit to keep the game relatively close considering that theyre playing at home, on a shortened week, in front of a national audience. Detroit doesnt have too many options on offense, but they did put up 38 points last week (albeit against the lowly Cleveland Browns). I dont think they put up just as many points, but I do believe that they keep it within a touchdown.

In the Raiders/Cowboys game, I think its a statement game for the Cowboys, who are in that perennial dogfight they call the NFC East. Oakland, is well, just bad. I dont think they put up more than 14 points this weekend.

In the Giants/Broncos game, although the Broncos are on a 4-game losing streak, I think they can turn it around this week. Again, shortened week for the players having played just last Sunday and the Giants have to travel to the West Coast and play in the thin air of Denver. I think the game is a close one, within a field goal.

NFL record: 2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment