Friday, November 27, 2009

Week 12 - NFL

So, I went 2-3 last week, but this Thursday went 2-1 to bring my overall NFL spread pick record to 4-4. Lets try and pick winners for this weekend and get in the black!

Game 1: Miami Dolphins (-3.5) vs Buffalo Bills
Pick: Miami by 4

Game2: Arizona Cardinals vs Tennessee Titans (-3)
Pick: Titans to beat the spread

Game3: Chicago Bears vs Minnesota Vikings (-10.5)
Pick: Vikings by 11

Game 4: New England Patriots vs New Orleans Saints (-1.5)
Pick: Saints by 2

Game 5: Washington Redskins vs Philadelphia Eagles (-9)
Pick: Eagles to beat the spread

Reasons:

In the Dolphins/Bills game, I expect the Dolphins to be able to run on the Bills. Ricky Williams had a great game last week, rushing for 119 yards and scoring 3 touchdowns. I like him to run for 100 yards this week as well considering fellow Dolphin running back Ronnie Brown is still battling injury. As well, the Dolphins played last Thursday and have had a long rest heading into this week to prepare mentally and physically for the Bills.

In the Cardinals/Titans matchup, I like the Titans to win through ball control. Much has been written about the Titans turnaround since Vince young took over quarterback duties with the team going on a 4-game win streak. I believe that the streak continues with the strong run game the team possesses. Chris Johnson has run well for the Titans and in combination with Vince Young, the Titans are playing good football - as good as any other team in the league. Add to the fact that Kurt Warner is coming in a little banged up and I like the Titans to win at home.

In the Bears/Vikings game, I like the Vikes to win by 2 touchdowns. The key for me is the fact that the Vikings are playing at home. When they play at home, they have the significant advantage of the crowd noise playing against the snap count of the opposing QB. Their defense thrives in that environment and will all over Bears QB Jay Cutler.

In the Patriots/Saints game, I like the Saints to win by a large margin. The Saints at home have the advantage on offense of playing on turf with their offense. I just dont expect the Patriots to have enough firepower to keep up with the Saints.

In the Redskins/Eagles matchup, I think the Eagles bomb the Redskins out of the water. Again, I dont think the Skins offense can put up 2 or 3 touchdowns necessary to keep in range of the Eagles who should be able to put up 28 points at least.

NFL Record 4-4


No comments:

Post a Comment