Thursday, March 4, 2010

NBA - March 4

Alas, the winning-week-streak is over after going 1-2 in the last slate of games chosen. Time to start anew. Three games to choose from, hopefully a clean sweep for tonight. Here are the picks:

LA Lakers -5 vs Miami ==> Take the Lakers on the road
Memphis vs Chicago -5.5 ==> Take the Grizz on the road
Utah vs Phoenix -1.5 ==> Take the Suns at home in a toss up

I like the Lakers to win at home in a nationally televised game. Lakers are clearly the more talented team and I like to believe that Lakers forward Ron Artest can keep Dwayne Wade of the Heat underwraps.

I like the Grizz to win on the road against the Bulls. Both teams like to run and gun, but the Grizz actually have the talent to play that style of game more effectively. Expect Z-Bo, Zach Randolph, to have a good game for the Grizzlies as Taj Gibson is too thin to keep Randolph out of the paint and Joakim Noah is out for three weeks with plantar fasciitis for the Bulls. In fact, Im a little surprised at the line being as big as it is (Chicago to win by 6?!?). Even if the Bulls win tonight, I dont expect to be by that margin especially considering the injuries the Bulls face and the fact that the Grizzlies are the better team overall. In any event, give me the Grizzlies to at least beat the spread and, in my opinion, win the game.

Lastly, I like Phoenix to hold home court against the Jazz. The talent on both teams, for me, is equal and really the only deciding factor for this game is the fact that Utah isnt nearly as good on the road as they are at home. Give me the Suns to win at home in a close game.

Cheers for now!!!

50-32 in NBA games against the spread

No comments:

Post a Comment