Thursday, March 11, 2010

NBA Picks for March 11th

2-1 last night with my picks. Only 3 games on the slate tonight in the NBA so theres no room to pick and choose. Here are the picks:

Atlanta -7 vs Washington ==> Give me the Hawks on the road to cover the spread
Chicago vs Orlando -13 ==> Give me the Magic despite the big spread
Portland -6 vs Golden State ==> Give me the Blazers on the road

Three games and Im picking all three to cover (not good, not good at all lol). But in all seriousness, I like the favorites in each of these games as they face weak competition.

In the Hawks/Wizards game, I like Atlanta to cover the 7 points on the road. Main reason? I like the matchups that the Hawks have against the Wizards. The primary threat for Washington since the trade deadline has been Andray Blatche and I think the Hawks will counter him on defense with Josh Smith, who has great size and athleticism. I expect Smith to be able to keep Blatche in check and if they do that the Wiz just wont find the points elsewhere on the floor.

In the Bulls/Magic game, I like the Magic to cover despite the 13 point spread. The Bulls just dont match up well against the Magic, especially inside with Dwight Howard. With Joakim Noah of the Bulls out with injury, there just isnt a player on the Bulls roster who will be able to keep Dwight in check. As a result, I expect Dwight Howard to have a big game for the Magic and to cover the 13 point spread. The only concern for me, on a betting/spread standpoint would be that the Magic are ahead by a large margin early in the 4th, the Magic pull their starters, and the Bulls are able to beat the spread late as a result.

Lastly in the Blazers/Warriors game, I like the Blazers to win comfortably on the road. The Warriors remain without their primary scorer in Monta Ellis, out with injury. As a result, the Warriors have been leaning heavily on their rookie point guard, Stephen Curry. But because the Blazers tend to play well defensively on the perimeter and only have to focus their attention on Curry (who only put up 9 points in their last meeting), I like the Blazers to win on the road, by about 8-10 points.

There be the picks! Until next time!

60-39-1 in NBA Picks against the spread (.600 win percentage)

No comments:

Post a Comment