Tuesday, March 16, 2010

NBA Picks for March 16

.....

Disappointing. Absolutely gutted. 0-3 last night against the spread. Dont know what else to say. Shows over folks. Turn out the lights, the party's over.












Naw, just being melodramatic. But in all seriousness, a little disappointed in the way my picks went. But, cant fret over it too much. Time to get back on the horse and pick some winners. Here they be!

Charlotte -2 vs Indiana ==> Give me the Bobcats on the road
Cleveland -9.5 vs Detroit ==> Give me the Cavs on the road by double digits
LA Lakers -6 vs Sacramento ==> Give me the Lakers on the road

3 Games. 3 road favorites picked. Yes, a tad bit risky, but I like the picks based on the talent disparity between the road and home teams.

I like the Bobcats to win in Indiana. The Bobcats, although a better team at home than on the road and with Gerald Wallace a bit banged up, are playing good basketball of late as evidenced by their victory over the Magic last week. They play a team that will also look to get up and down the court and because of that, I like the depth that the Bobcats hold on their bench. So long as they can keep Pacers forward Danny Granger in check, they should be able to win the game and ultimately the bet.

I like the Cavs to win big on the road in Detroit. The Pistons just have not looked good as of late and were on the receiving end of a drumming last night in Boston. They made look to rebound with a better performance tonight, but with the way that Cleveland and Lebron James have been playing of late, I just think the Pistons will be able to keep the game within single digits. There will be a period in play where the Cavs defense become suffocating or Lebron dominates the game on offense (which has happened before, see 2007 NBA Conference Finals) that it'll create a lead that the Pistons wont challenge again during the game.

Finally, I like the Lakers to win in Sacramento. Granted, this is a bit risky for a couple of reasons - the Lakers played a tough game last night and have not been playing dominant basketball of late. I chose this game for one particular reason - I think that because the team played last night, they want to have an early night tonight. I think the Lakers are a little disappointed in the way they played last night and want to put on a good effort against the Kings, who wont put up too much resistance on defense. I expect Kobe and company to come out guns blazing and to win by double digits as they look to correct their underwhelming play of late.

So there be the picks: Bobcats/Cavs/Lakers all covering their respective spreads.
Until Next Time!

-TheZar

61-43-1 NBA Spread Pick Record

No comments:

Post a Comment